Tuesday 2 March 2010

Sick of drugs

I got reading a new book recently and felt the need to write something different, so in my slightly alcohol confused mind i started this short story and the sunshine and the rain. Partly inspired by how quickly the conditions change here and that people are never happy with what they have.

hope you enjoy it and again please leave comments at the end :0) i have also added most of the photos i got yesterday too

Sunshine and the rain

There was once a man who always complained to the gods about the weather.

This man would complain when the weather was cold, he would ask of the gods.

'Why is it always cold, can you not do something for me and make it hot again, my old bones need to feel the heat again, my garden needs to have the warmth to grow and cat need to know what is it like to be hot. If you do this for me I will be forever thankful and pray to you for as long as my old heart beats.'

Lo and behold the gods granted the old man his wish, the sun appeared from the clouds, heat was felt within his bones, flowers, trees and vegetables starting photosynthesis and grow quickly in the heat and the sun. All was good in the old man's garden and he thanked the gods like he promised.

On the second day the grass was brown, the plants wilting and the blossom was falling.

So he asked this of the gods

'Why is it always too hot, my bones are too warm, my garden can not take the sunshine, and my cat is sweating. If you can make it colder I will be forever thankful and pray to you as long as my old heart beats.'

Lo and behold the gods granted the old man his wish, the clouds came back, the sunshine faded, and the winds came with an almighty chill.

All was good in the old man's garden and he thanked the gods like he promised.

On the third day, his garden was too dry and dusty, the soil was blown by the wind, the leaves on the tree were flying away on the gusts and the flowers had shrunk to the ground.

So he asked this of the gods,

'Why is it always so dry here, my bones are weathered and dry, my garden can not take the arid conditions, and my cat needs water, can you bring the rains for me, if you do this I will be forever thankful and pray to you as long as my old heart beats.'

Lo and behold the gods granted the old man his wish, the clouds turned dark and fierce, the wind brought with it water, the soil became moist again, the plants turned there petal towards to rain, the tree was full of life again.

All was good in the old man's garden and he thanked the gods like he promised.

Then came the forth day, his garden was saturated with the rains, soil had turned to mud, he was soaked to the bone, and his cat was swimming.

So he asked this of the gods,

'Why is it always so wet here, my bones are dripping, my garden is a pond, and my cat can't swim, can you bring the sunshine, if you do this for me I will be forever thankful and pray to you as long as my old heart beats.'

Lo and behold the gods came and picked the old man up off the earth and carried him to a cave, 'You are never happy with the world, you always ask of us gods to make things better, now we shall seal you away forever with no weather to complain about'

With that the gods sealed the old man away under the mountain.

On the fifth day, the old man complained but the gods did not hear.

lazy pigeons watching the crowd Recession victim Sheffield cheese grater City hall and city lofts

No comments: